Three police officers who assaulted three Ghanaian Times journalists interdicted by the police administration

The police administration has interdicted three policemen said to have been involved in the assault of the Ghanaian Times journalists last week.

A statement signed and issued by ACP Mr David Eklu, the Director General of Police Public Affairs on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 evening said the Inspector-General of Police directed the immediate interdiction of the three officers.

ACP Mr Eklu named the three as Inspector Isaac Opare of the Ministries Division, Accra, Sergeant Ebenezer Akrofi of the Accra Regional Police Headquarters and Lance Corporal Evans Kofi Ntim of Police Visibility in Accra.

“The Inspector-General of Police has further directed the Accra Regional Crime Officer to take over the investigation of the case from Ministries Police Station. He has also instructed the Commander of the Accra Motor Traffic Unit to take over the Motor Traffic Accident aspect of the case. Both are to submit their reports in one week,” the statement added.

“Additionally, the Police Professional and Standard Bureau (PPSB) has also been directed to look into the conduct of the Police officers who were on duty at the Ministries Police Station when the incident was reported.”

“The public be updated on progress of Police action taken.”

More to follow…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s